Income Tax Withholding Reminders for All Nebraska Employers
- Circular EN. The Department will not be issuing a new Nebraska Circular EN in 2014. The rates and brackets for withholding on wages have not changed since issuance of the 2013 Circular EN.
- Form W-3N Due Date. State copies of 2013 Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, and the Nebraska Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld, Form W-3N, are due February 1, 2014.
- E-file Requirement. Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, and 1099-R for tax year 2013 must be e-filed when the employer has over 50 forms to report.
- Special Withholding Rate. The “special withholding rate” remains 1.5%. Employers using the wage bracket tables may continue to use the shaded/nonshaded areas of the bracket tables to determine if special withholding procedures apply.
- Military Spouses. Spouses of active duty military servicemembers whose income is not subject to Nebraska tax may give a Nebraska Nonresident Employee Certificate for Allocation of Income Tax Withholding, Form 9N, to their employers to exempt their wages from Nebraska withholding.
Instead of mailing your 2013 withholding forms, e-file them.