Sales Tax Rate Finder
Income Tax Withholding Forms
Most forms are available in a “fill-in” format, meaning you can view, complete, and print the form from your computer.
You will need the latest version of the free Acrobat Reader.
Income Tax Withholding Reminders for All Nebraska Employers
- Circular EN. The Department will not be issuing a new Nebraska Circular EN in 2016. The rates and brackets for income tax withholding on wages have not changed since issuance of the 2013 Circular EN.
- Form W-3N Due Date. State copies of 2015 Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, and the Nebraska Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld, Form W-3N, are due February 1, 2016.
- E-file Requirement. Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, and 1099-R for tax year 2015 must be e-filed when the employer has over 50 forms to report.
- Special Income Tax Withholding Rate. The “special income tax withholding rate” remains 1.5%. Employers using the wage bracket tables may continue to use the shaded/nonshaded areas of the bracket tables to determine if special income tax withholding procedures apply.
- Military Spouses. Spouses of active duty military servicemembers whose income is not subject to Nebraska tax may give a Nebraska Nonresident Employee Certificate for Allocation of Income Tax Withholding, Form 9N, to their employers to exempt their wages from Nebraska income tax withholding.
Instead of mailing your 2015 forms, e-file them.
Nebraska Department of Labor also has information and forms needed by employers
Back to top of page