Credit for Income Tax Paid to Another State
(Schedule II, page 17)

(Use your back button to return to the Form 1040N instruction booklet.)

For paper filers, a credit will not be allowed unless you attach a complete copy of the other state’s or political subdivision's income tax return, including all schedules. If tax is paid to another state, but not reported on that state's income tax return, attach a copy of a letter or statement from the other state or political subdivision showing the income and the tax paid. For political subdivisions not requiring a return, attach the Form W-2 showing the subdivision’s income tax withheld.

E-filers are not required to send a copy of the other state’s return unless the Department requests it during processing.