Total Amount Due
(line 42, page 12)

(Use your back button to return to the Form 1040N instruction booklet.)

If you are unable to pay the full amount of tax due, you should file your Nebraska income tax return and pay as much as you can by the filing date. Penalties and interest will accrue on any unpaid balance until it is fully paid.

You have three options if you can't pay all your income tax when you file your individual income tax return. Remember, however, that interest will continue to accrue on any balance remaining due after April 17, until full payment has been made.

 If you have questions about paying your taxes by any of the options above, please call Taxpayer Assistance at 800-742-7474 (NE and IA), or 402-471-5729 to speak with a representative who will explain the payment options available to you.

NOTE: It is your responsibility to contact the Department if you cannot pay the income tax due.