Sales Tax Rate Finder
How to Pay Your Business Tax Balance Due
If you are unable to pay the full amount of tax due, you should file your Nebraska tax return and pay as much as you can by the filing date. Penalties and interest will accrue on any unpaid balance until it is fully paid.
If you are in this situation and have questions about paying your taxes by any of the options below, please contact Taxpayer Assistance at 800-742-7474 (NE and IA), or 402-471-5729 and speak with a representative who will explain the payment options available to you. It is your responsibility to contact us if you can't pay your taxes. If you have been contacted by a Revenue Agent, be sure to make arrangements to pay that individual.
Any other tax returns that become due during the course of this payment agreement must be filed on time and paid in full separate from the terms of this agreement.
You have three options if you can't pay all your tax when you file your tax return:
|Pay Entire Amount Within 90 Days
No forms are required. Simply make four equal payments as follows:
- If you are making payments for the current tax year, you can pay electronically. Go to the Home Page and click on “Make a Payment” in the “For Businesses” section. Then click on the “Make Payment” button on the left side of the screen.
- If paying by check or money order, include your Nebraska ID number and tax program on your payment to ensure proper processing.
- Send the remaining three payments every 30 days.
|Pay Entire Amount in MORE THAN 90 Days
- These payments MUST be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT);
- You MUST contact the Department to set up this payment plan; and
- You MUST complete Form 27D, Payment and Authorization Agreement. Once the Form 27D is completed, print and send it to:
NEBRASKA DEPARMENT OF REVENUE
PO BOX 94609
LINCOLN NE 68509-4609
The Department will respond, and either approve or deny your payment proposal. If approved, payments will automatically be withdrawn from your bank account as you have scheduled.
|Payment by Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express are acceptable)
- When paying by credit card, you MUST pay the entire balance due in one payment. These secure payments are made through Official Payments. You may:
- Call us at 800-742-7474;
- Contact Official Payments directly at 800-272-9829; or
- Make payments online at www.officialpayments.com.
- You will be asked for your JURISDICTION CODE, which is 3700.
- A convenience fee of 2.49% ($1 minimum) will be charged to your credit card. To see how much the fee will be, go to www.officialpayments.com and access the fee calculator. The fee is based on your payment amount and is paid to Official Payments. It will appear on your credit card statement separately from the tax payment.
- You will be told the amount of this fee during the transaction with Official Payments, and you will have the option of canceling the transaction at that time.
Ways to Avoid a Balance Due in the Future
Back to top of page