Sales Tax Rate Finder
Nebraska Circular EN
Nebraska Income Tax Withholding
for Wages Paid on or after January 1, 2013
Withholding Reminders for All Nebraska Employers
- NEW CIRCULAR EN. The rates and brackets for withholding on wages will change effective for wages paid beginning January 1, 2013. Click on the New 2013 Nebraska Circular EN link below.
Note: The Department will not be mailing the new 2013 Nebraska Circular EN.
- DUE DATE. State copies of 2012 Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, and the Nebraska reconciliation Form W-3N are due February 1, 2013.
- E-FILE REQUIREMENT. Employers filing more than 50 total Federal Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-MISC, or 1099-R with Nebraska income tax withholding must e-file these forms.
- SPECIAL WITHHOLDING RATE. The "special withholding rate" remains 1.5%. Employers using the wage bracket tables may continue to use the shaded/non-shaded areas of the tables to determine if special withholding procedures apply.
- MILITARY SPOUSES. Spouses of active duty military servicemembers whose income is not subject to Nebraska tax may give a Nebraska Form 9N to their employers to exempt their wages from Nebraska withholding.
Instead of mailing your 2012 forms, please e-file them.